John W. De Witt III
327 East Main Street, Rockaway, N.J. 07866
Versatile, performance-driven IT professional with 15 years of progressive experience. Tenacious problem solver who excels at identifying and correcting networking issues. Expert at developing, troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, and supporting PC and network based applications, across multiple operating platforms.
Committed to delivering a level of support that consistently exceeds user expectations. Army veteran.
Networking: Cisco CCNA • Citrix • VMWare • LDAP Novell CNA, LAN implementation; install and configure Ethernet, TCP/IP, print server, file server, Network Infrastructure Services: DNS, DHCP, Remote Access Server (RAS) and NAP, Active Directory, NAT/VPN services; manage network users and groups, group policies; diagnose and troubleshoot network problems; network data backup; Ethernet switches and routers; network cabling; install and configure Cisco routers and switches; routing protocols RIP, EIGRP and OSPF, ACLs.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7/10, Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016, Linux, UNIX
Hardware: Install and configure motherboards, SCSI and peripheral devices; upgrade memory, adapters and other hardware
Applications: Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Azure, VMware and VirtualBox
Languages: JCL • Red Hat Linux 4.0 • UNIX Bourne Shell • Korn-Shell • SQL • C-Shell
Software: IBM WebSphere MQ Tivoli BRMS Apache BMC Patrol HP/Tandem Splunk
Java NetOp SQL Sybase
• Systems & Applications Programming • Digital Certificate Management • On-Site / Off-Site Troubleshooting
• Requirements Gathering & Analysis • Program Specifications • Problem Analysis & Resolution
• System-Level Analysis & Support • Technical Support & Training • Systems Backup & Recovery
PC AGE Career Institute, Parsippany, NJ March 2017 to April 2018
Internetwork Engineering Certificate
Comprehensive certification training for CompTIA A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, CCNA, MCS Windows 7 and 8, MCSA Server 2012, VMware, CASP, CISSP, CHFI,CEH.
Cisco Cyberops Scholarship Program, successful completion February 2018
• Implementing Cisco Cybersecurity Operations (SECFND 210-250)
• Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECOPS 210-255)
Attends Webinars: Cisco, Symantec, NIST, Global Knowledge, Microsoft, Radware
J.D. RECOVERY SERVICES, Owner/CEO Rockaway N.J July 2010 to March 2017
• Provided installation, configuration and upgrades to Linux, AS/400 and HP-UNIX midrange servers, as well as instructing customers and end users the daily tasks of operational support.
• Implemented Websphere MQ installations on z/OS, iSeries and Tandem. Provided support and troubleshooting procedures for client satisfaction.
• Instituted backup and disaster recovery procedures while maintaining effective up time and reducing costs.
• Provided 24X7 support and when applicable arranged for on-site vendor management.
• Accomplished owner and operator providing on site and off site installation, troubleshooting and project implementation to various clients offering more than fourteen years of experience.
• Developed and managed business critical systems, telecommunications networks and peripheral devices.
• Demonstrated first-rate communication skills to collaborate on all business levels while effectively directing systems processes, operating procedures and on/off site trouble shooting.
• Installed and configured workstations for Dr.Das, Florham Park NJ and Dr. Medford, Morristown, NJ. Provided on-call support as well as troubleshooting procedures.
Other Related Experience
UPS, INC. Mahwah, NJ Systems Programmer, Level 3 January 2005 to July 2010
• Collaborated with business partners, analysts, and team members to develop high-quality technical solutions supporting the functionality and operating integrity of the company’s main web page (www.ups.com), utilized for package tracking, billing, and payment. Installed software and hardware updates, troubleshot and debugged glitches within system software, and resolved a variety of end-user problems. Worked across multiple operating platforms, including AS/400, UNIX, and Linux.
• Supported key internal global business applications on AS/400, which included PLD (Package Level Detail), Brokerage, Web Sphere, Apache, MQ (Message Queue), CMS (Customer Message Switch), BOSS (Business Order Entry Shipping System), IDORS (International Distributing), Cares (Customer Action Response) and Worldport (UPS Airlines).
• Defined and documented technical requirements for developing and modifying software application modules and provided third-level application support and maintenance.
• Oversaw the renewal of digital certificates utilized to support data encryption, user authentication, and secure access to applications and information.
• Balanced server load capacity with sister data center in Atlanta to ensure optimal flow of high-volume data and uninterrupted system performance.
• Ensured reliability of availability of systems by upgrading, maintaining and installing UPS devices throughout Mahwah Data Center and local offices.
Saved more than $500,000 by renewing unchained digital certificates for 12 internal and external URLs, prior to expiration dates.
Developed backup control policy, which outlined measures for protecting organizational network / computer resources and preventing loss of data and assets.
Systems Technical Specialist – UPS, INC., Mahwah, NJ January 2000 to January 2005
• Provided technical support for internal users, field reps, and console operators, ensuring that issues were resolved in a timely manner in order to minimize costly downtime errors and mitigate technology-related business risks.
• Taught training classes on AS/400 (Operating System, Security, and Database Management) for managers, supervisors, and console operators; designed all training materials.
• Developed backup control policy that outlined measures for protecting organizational network / computer resources and preventing loss of data and organizational assets
Conceived daily / weekly turnover sheet, which significantly reduced the number of trouble tickets, freed up time for training console operators, and eliminated the need for outside trainers.
Console Operator – UPS, INC., Mahwah, NJ January 1998 to January 2000
• Operated console in mainframe / mid-range data center. Monitored and conducted system checks, responded to alerts, performed system maintenance and data backups on a continuous basis.
United States Army Veteran July 1981 to August 1984
Radio Teletype Operator in the U.S. Army (Honorable Discharge).
• Played key role contributing to the unit’s successful delivery of secured transactions over the Internet (ARAPNET), which distinguished it as one of the first in the U.S. Military to do so.